2018 Plan Your Budget for the International Home + Housewares Show
Outlined below are some of the main costs associated with exhibiting
1. 2018 Booth Space Cost (IHA provides raw booth space only):*Membership (non-refundable):
Housewares annual sales under $10 million: $450.
Housewares annual sales over $10 million: $750.
Cost to Exhibit:
Member: $16.00/sq. ft.
Non-Member: $21.50/sq. ft.
Corner fees: $350 per corner
* Standard booth sizes are in increments of 10’w x 10’d or 10’w x 15’d.
Cost examples for a 10’ x 10’ booth (100 sq.ft.) / 3m x 3m (9 sq. m) booth:
Member rate under $10 million housewares sales: $1,600. + $450. = $2,050.
Member rate over $10 million housewares sales: $1,600. + $750. = $2,350.
Non-Member rate: $2,150.
2. Booth Structure:
Exhibitors must make their own booth arrangements, including back wall, carpet and furnishings. The use of pipe & drape is prohibited and is not provided. Companies have three options:
- Work with IHA’s official service contractor, Freeman. Visit www.housewares.org/show/esm under
Official Service Contractor to review the booth packages and other materials from recommended EACs is available upon request.
- Ship your own booth to the Show and do your own set up. Please note you will still need to pay shipping and material handling costs. However, you can save by setting up your own booth or using the Automobiles and Small Utility Vehicle (ASUV) program. More information on exhibitor work rules can be found at www.housewares.org/show/esm under General Info/Show Guidelines. Note: 2018 shipping information will be available in November.
3. Labor & Material Handling / Drayage:If you are working with Freeman or hiring an EAC to build your booth, you will need to hire labor.
2018 labor rates will be available in November. For a rate estimate, increase the 2017 rates
(below) by 3-5%.
Straight time: $104.50/hr
Double Time: $209.00/hr
All shipments to the convention center will be received and handled by Freeman. View the 2017 material handling rates at www.housewares.org/show/esm under Shipping Information. Note: 2018 material handling rates will be available in November. For a rate estimate, increase the 2017 rates by 3-5%.
You will need to order your utilities (electrical, plumbing and gas) through Freeman and telecommunications (phone and internet) through McCormick Place. 2017 rates are available at www.housewares.org/show/esm under Official Service Contractor and Convention Center Services respectively. Note: 2018 rates will be available in November. For a rate estimate, increase the 2017 rates by 3-5%.
IHA has negotiated low hotel rates and housewares-only incentives to help keep your Show-related expenses down. Visit www.housewares.org/show/hotels to view our special rates and offers, or to reserve your rooms.