Privacy & Legal
IHA Health & Safety Policy
Registrants will be expected to accept and comply with the following policies and procedures as a condition of participating in The Inspired Home Show.
By registering for and attending The Inspired Home Show 2023 and all related events sponsored by IHA, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume all risk that you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19. You accept sole responsibility for and release and discharge IHA and the venue, and their respective employees, agents and representatives from all claims, causes of action, liabilities, costs and expenses of any kind related to COVID-19 prevention, mitigation, or illness that you or those with whom you come into close contact. You also agree to abide by all rules, warnings and instructions set by IHA and the venue where the event is held and any government authority with respect to social distancing, adherence to any mandatory face coverings, sanitation guidelines and other rules. IHA’s policies are subject to change in the event that federal or state mandates are amended. You further agree not to attend the event if you are experiencing symptoms, have been diagnosed with, or suspect you may have been infected by COVID-19.
1. Overview & contact information
The International Housewares Association (hereinafter “IHA” or “we”) is a trade association committed to maximizing the success of the home products industry by bringing together all industry constituencies. IHA provides a world-class home products marketplace; facilitates global commerce and the buyer-seller interface; increases consumer awareness and interest in home products; gathers and disseminates essential marketplace intelligence; and educates and supports key constituencies to improve their success.
You can contact us at:
6400 Shafer Court, Suite 650
Rosemont, IL 60018
In general, IHA
Collects, uses and stores the minimum amount of personal data that is necessary for one or more legitimate business purposes and to comply with legal obligations.
Limits who has access to the personal data in our possession to only those who need it for a legitimate business purpose.
Protects personal data through physical and technical security measures tailored to the sensitivity of the personal data we hold.
Communicates with our employees, suppliers, business partners and other industry constituents about how we intend to use personal data in our day-to-day operations.
Takes reasonable steps to ensure our personal data is accurate and up-to-date.
Integrates privacy in the design of our activities and projects that involve the use of personal data.
For residents of the EU or the EEA, we are the controller of the processing of your data and our processes relating to your personal data are governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you have any questions or inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Types of Information Collected
3. Why we process your personal data
We use your personal data depending on the type of relationship that you have with us (e.g. if you are one of our members, an attendee at our events or a member of the general public visiting our website).
We use your information in the following ways:
Personal data collected through our app is processed for purposes of facilitating communications with you;
Personal data collected through our membership accounts on our website are used for purposes of managing the applicable member’s membership account and providing membership–related services;
Personal data collected from registration to our events is processed for purposes of providing services at the event;
Personal data may be processed for purposes of marketing activities to promote IHA membership, services and activities. Personal data may be used to send communications to IHA members and others who interact with IHA and may be collected from such recipients about their use of marketing communications.
Personal data collected through cookies placed on our website may be processed to support the operation of our website and to analyze the traffic patterns to our site. See our Cookies Policy on our website for more information.
4. Our policy towards children
Our services are not directed to children.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. We may incidentally process personal data of children, for instance where participants to our events travel with family. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal data without their consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child has registered for one of our events or services and has provided us with personal data without the consent of their parent or guardian, we will delete such information from our files.
5. Disclosures to Third Parties
At times, IHA engages third-party contractors, service providers, and other vendors to help us accomplish our business objectives. There are other circumstances where we are required by law to disclose personal data to third parties such as public bodies or judicial authorities.
We engage with our agents, representatives, contractors, service providers or other third parties to enhance our user experience and operations, such as to process credit card transactions, to service an organization’s participation in an event, to manage event registration or housing requirements and to conduct marketing.
In addition to the above, IHA may be compelled to provide personal data to governmental authorities. Such compelled disclosures include a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. IHA reserves the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we believe in good faith to be unlawful.
6. Your European Privacy Rights
IHA is committed to processing personal data of users in the EU or EEA lawfully and to facilitating the exercise of such rights grants granted by GDPR. You may contact us at email@example.com to discuss your privacy concerns.
Legal basis for data collection and use: IHA only collects and uses personal data of EU or EEA residents when there is a fair and legal basis and/or when you have consented to our collection or use of such personal data. Information you provide to us is collected and used in the performance of the contract for the products and/or services you are requesting from IHA, and for IHA’s legitimate interest in providing membership services, event-related services to all attendees and to increase awareness of IHA and its offerings. In addition, we may obtain your consent to collect information automatically or to use information you have provided to us for a particular purpose, such as e-mail marketing.
Privacy rights under the European regulation:
Right to access, rectification, restriction of processing, erasure, and data portability: If you are based in the EU or EEA, we provide you with access to your own personal data upon request. In addition, for EU or EEA residents, when requested in writing by you, we will rectify any errors in your personal data when it is incorrect or inaccurate, and we will ensure the right to erasure, portability and to restriction of processing when these rights are not incompatible with other legal obligations.
Right to object and withdraw consent at any time: For all marketing materials, you can opt-out anytime, and free of charge. The right to object for other processing activities will be balanced to ensure that it is not incompatible with local regulations or our legitimate interests.
These requests should be submitted as follows:
Opt-out of marketing communications: You can exercise your right to object and opt-out anytime by following the opt-out instructions in our commercial e-mails or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will continue to receive emails relevant to course event registrations or purchases (e.g. registration confirmations or purchase receipts), information necessary to your continued membership in the IHA (e.g. dues notices) or information relevant to exhibiting in a current or future event. If you believe that SPAM has been sent from us, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can investigate and rectify the situation.
To exercise the rest of your rights: You should send a communication in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to fulfill this request, we may require you provide us information to validate your identity and specify your request. We will attend to your request in a timely manner within 30 days after receiving your request. If for any reason we need to extend this period of time, we will contact you.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
7. International Transfers of Personal Data
If you are located outside the United States and you interact with our website or provide us personal data, then your personal data is transferred to the United States whenever you interact with us. The US has not sought, nor obtained adequacy status from the European Union. The EU-US Privacy Shield framework obtained an adequacy decision. The level of protection of your personal data is not deemed equivalent to the one in the EU, unless the receiving organization is self-certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Article 49 of the GDPR permits IHA to transfer your personal data on the basis of the following derogations:
Explicit consent for newsletter subscribers and certain processing in relation to organizing events;
Necessity to enter and for the performance of a contract for registration information to participate to our events; for processing personal data of our members to maintain their relationship with our organization, provide them services including when they log in to their member accounts; and also for processing personal data for online and offline courses.
As for safeguards to your personal data, we directly apply the GDPR provisions to your personal data.
8. Data Security
IHA is committed to the security, confidentiality and integrity of your personal data. We take commercially reasonable precautions to keep all information obtained from our online visitors secure against unauthorized access and use and we periodically review our security measures.
IHA’s website contains links to other sites. While IHA strives to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, IHA is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by other sites.
IHA MAKES NO CLAIMS, PROMISES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR ADEQUACY OF THE CONTENTS OF ITS SITE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS AND OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED, EXPRESSED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, IS GIVEN WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE OR ITS HYPERLINKS TO OTHER INTERNET RESOURCES. REFERENCE IN THIS WEBSITE TO ANY SPECIFIC COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS, PROCESSES OR SERVICES, OR THE USE OF ANY TRADE, FIRM OR CORPORATION NAME IS FOR THE INFORMATION AND CONVENIENCE OF THE PUBLIC AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION BY IHA.
9. Retention Periods
IHA applies the storage limitation principle in order to retain personal data in our records only for the length of time required to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected.
We only keep personal data in our records as long as they are necessary for the purposes they have been processed. The retention period depends on the context in which we process data and on specific circumstances such as regulations requiring retaining information for a certain period of time. These circumstances may include local laws, the reasonably anticipated future business needs for the data, the benefit to the user to have the data available, legal requirements to hold the data, or similar circumstances.
Last Updated: May 6, 2019
IHA Terms & Conditions
Consent to Terms and Conditions
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the International Housewares Association (“IHA”) website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on IHA’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by IHA at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Trademark / Service Mark
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively the “Marks”), including but not limited to International Housewares Association, International Home + Housewares Show, The Inspired Home Show® and IHA are proprietary to IHA or other respective owners that have granted IHA the right and license to use such Marks. To the extent that such Marks are owned by IHA, such Marks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not our product or service, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among our customers or users of this website, or in any other manner in violation of the trademark and service mark laws, without the express written consent of IHA. You also many not use any Marks owned by a party other than IHA without the express written consent of such other owner or IHA if IHA has been given the authority to grant you permission.
The materials on IHA’s website are provided “as is.” IHA makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, IHA does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall IHA or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on IHA’s Internet site, even if IHA or a IHA authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions & Errata
The materials appearing on IHA’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. IHA does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. IHA may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. IHA does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
IHA has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by IHA of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to IHA’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
IHA does not authorize “email harvesting” of any kind through this website – in compliance with provisions in CAN-SPAM, Sec. 4.(b)(2)(A)(i)(I). Visitors are not permitted to capture email addresses posted on this site using any methods, to use for personal databases, mailing lists, mass email distribution, marketing efforts and the like.
Contest Official Rules and Regulations
Contest Entry & Eligibility
- By entering the Contest, entrants:
- Agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations; and,
- Agree that Illinois courts have jurisdiction over any disputer or litigation arising from or relating to Sweepstakes and that the venue shall only be Chicago, Illinois.
- International Housewares Association (“IHA”) and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic.
- IHA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Contest should any malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the participant ineligible and IHA reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by tampering with Contest procedures, using automated entry devices or programs, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, IHA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Void where prohibited by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws of the United States. By participating via Twitter, Facebook or other social media tools, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of IHA and waive any and all rights to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules.
- All prize details are at IHA’s discretion.
- Prizes are limited to one per person.
- Contest submissions are welcome from all legal U.S. residents only.
- The Contest will run for a specified period of time as stated in the marketing material announcing the Contest.
- All prizes will be awarded within sixty (60) days of the Contest end-date.
- The contest is open to all people of age 18 or greater, unless other restrictions apply.
- IHA will not verify receipt of entry.
- Automated entries and use of automated devices or programs to submit entries are grounds for disqualification.
- IHA employees and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- The Contest Winner must be a resident of the United States.
- No purchase necessary.
Restrictions on Winning
The Contest Winner must accept their prize within thirty (30) days of notification via email or an alternate Winner will be selected.
A Winner is defined as the Contest participant that accepts the prize within thirty (30) days of notification and whose eligibility has been verified.
Limits of Liability
- Neither IHA, nor its officers, directors, agents, or affiliated entities are responsible for:
- Any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury or damage to persons property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the use or misuse of any prize items provided; or
- Any liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Contest for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing the prize. All such losses and expenses must be borne by the affected participant and/or Winner.
Last Updated: January 22, 2021