Advanced Registration is now closed. All Media badges must be registered onsite at the Show at McCormick Place in the News Center in room S401.
News Media credentials are given to working editorial news media only. Our registration qualifications have changed. Please review the following:
Who Qualifies for a News Media Badge?
Working journalists in print, broadcast and digital media for established trade or consumer publications and internet media outlets. This includes reporters, writers, editors, producers, photographers and camera crews. Bloggers and social media influencers are eligible if they meet the criteria.
- Freelancers must have published or broadcast in the past year on topics related to the housewares and home goods industry. Please submit clips with your byline or a link to articles with your byline as part of the badge registration process. If on assignment, please include a letter of assignment form an approved publication. Questions? Email Debbie Teschke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bloggers must have created new content within the past three months on topics related to the housewares and home goods industry (product giveaways and contests do not qualify). Bloggers will be asked to provide evidence from a data-tracking service (such as Google Analytics or Compete.com) that unique visitors across blog or social media channels are 10,000- 50,000 per month. Blogs will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Upload links to blog and postings as part of the badge registration process.
- Social media influencers must have created new content within the past three months on topics related to the housewares and home goods industry (product giveaways and contests do not qualify). You will be asked to provide evidence from a data-tracking service (such as Google Analytics or Compete.com) that unique visitors across blog, website or social media channels are above 50,000 per month. Upload links to blogs, video channels or postings as part of the badge registration process.
NOTE: Film crews who are working for an exhibitor are Exhibitor-Appointed Contractors and not News Media. Please have the exhibitor register you though the EAC process. See the exhibitor services manual
Who Does Not Qualify?
- Friends and family of journalists – they should register for a Trade Guest badge
- Publishers, sales, marketing and advertising executives, and other non-editorial staff
- Producers, editors or film crews for programs in which the exhibitor pays a fee to participate
- Public relations professionals (agency or company based) writing for a news outlet, their company website or personal blog
- Company presidents
- Industry consultants
- Public relations professionals (agency or company based). If working for an exhibitor, get an Exhibitor badge from your client or register as a Manufacturer’s Representative.
- Writers for company newsletters and websites
- Chefs or cookbook authors who are not working journalists
- Bloggers who only review products and offer product giveaways, contests or product couponing
- Bloggers who are sponsored by an exhibitor
Credentials for Registering On-Site
Please present a business card from the media organization with your name and title. Police media credentials do not qualify in lieu of a business card. In addition, please provide the following:
- Newspaper/magazine/wire service reporters or editors: A masthead or staff box from an established media outlet listing your name/title; clips bylined with your name or a link to bylined articles.
- TV or radio station producers/reporters: Link to station website with video or audio clips.
- Freelance writers & photographers: A letter of assignment from a publication or media outlet. If not on assignment, please provide a clip or link to a housewares-relevant bylined article.
- Bloggers: All bloggers must be pre-approved prior to the Housewares Show and may not register on-site without approval. Please email Debbie Teschke (email@example.com) at IHA for approval.
- Social media influencers: All social media influencers must be pre-approved prior to the Housewares Show and may not register on-site without approval. Please email Debbie Teschke (firstname.lastname@example.org) at IHA for approval.
- News websites/Non-Blog websites: A link to an existing site with housewares-relevant editorial content or links to bylined housewares-relevant articles.
- Internet-only Broadcasts: Links to recent housewares-relevant programming.
Badges will not be mailed before the 2018 Show and must be picked up on-site in the News Center, Room S401, Level 4, South Building. To expedite processing, please bring your registration confirmation email to the News Center. Media pre-registered before February 11 will receive a registration packet with an Express Registration letter to expedite badge printing.
IHA reserves the right to change your badge classification at any time.
If You Qualify, Please Register Online >