press release -
International Housewares Association
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Deborah A.Teschke
Senior Manager, Public Relations & Communications
Email Debbie Teschke
Rick Bayless, Cat Cora, Alex Guarnaschelli, Christopher Kimball, Ming Tsai, Fabio Viviani, Geoffrey Zakarian Among The Culinary Celebs
in the Cooking Theater at the 2018 International Home + Housewares Show
ROSEMONT, Ill. (March 2, 2018) –A host of fan-favorite celebrity chefs along with well-known culinary experts will fill the Cooking Theater stage at the 2018 International Home + Housewares Show, March 10-13 at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
Returning to the Cooking Theater stage will be Rick Bayless, Will Brown, David Burke, Cat Cora, Tom & Patty Erd, Bernard Guillas, Tess Masters, Ming Tsai, Fabio Viviani, Greg Wade and Geoffrey Zakarian. Also returning to the theater are The Inspired Home contributors Manuela Kjeilen and Billy Parisi.
Making their debut this year will be culinary celebrities Alex Guarnaschelli, Christopher Kimball along with Judson Todd Allen, Lanie Bayless, Alia Dalal, Addie Gundry, Sandra Holl, Ludo Lefebvre and Andreas Willhoff.
The demonstrations will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 10 and continue through Tuesday, March 13. During the four Show days, 25 national and local celebrity chefs will be demonstrating their culinary talents using products that can be found throughout the Show. The Cooking Theater, located in the Dine + Décor Expo in the South Building, is jointly sponsored by KitchenAid and WellnessMats.
- Rick Bayless is best known for winning the title of Bravo’s “Top Chef Masters. ”His highly rated Public Television Series, Mexico – “One Plate at a Time,” is broadcast coast to coast and earned him multiple Daytime Emmy award nominations for Best Culinary Host.
- Will Brown’s cooking roots stem back to his upbringing in Opelousas, La., where, as a young boy, he learned from his grandmother how to prepare authentic creole dishes such as gumbo, beignets, boudin ball and shrimp creole. He appeared on Food Network’s sixth season of “Cutthroat Kitchen.”
- David Burke has appeared on two seasons of Bravo’s “Top Chef Masters” and is an inductee in the James Beard Foundation’s “Who’s Who in Food and Beverage in America.” In 2011 he received the ultimate honor presented to inventors, a U.S. patent for the unique process by which he uses pink Himalayan salt to dry-age his steaks.
- Cat Cora was the first female “Iron Chef” on Food Network’s “Iron Chef America” and was the first female inducted into The American Academy of Chefs Culinary Hall of Fame. She has opened more than 18 restaurants across the country.
- Patty and Tom Erd are second-generation owners of The Spice House, which just celebrated 60 years in business and is listed as one of Food & Wine magazine’s “Top Spice Shops in the World.”
- Bernard Guillas is executive chef of the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club, the Shores Restaurant at the La Jolla Shores Hotel and the landmark AAA 4-diamond Marin Room restaurant in California. He is the author of two cookbooks.
- Tess Masters is an actor, presenter, cook, lifestyle personality and author of “The Blender Girl,” “The Blender Girl Smoothies,” “The Perfect Blend” and creator of The Blender Girl Smoothies app with Random House.
- Ming Tsai, a James Beard Award-winning chef, has won an Emmy Award for his TV show “Simply Ming,” now in its 15th season on PBS and is the author of five cookbooks.
- Fabio Viviani, best known for his television debut on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” currently owns 15 restaurants across the country, has his own wine label, Fabio Viviani Wine Collection, and is the author of four successful cookbooks.
- Greg Wade, head of the Publican Quality Meats’ bakery operations, received nominations in 2017 and 2018 for the James Beard Award for Outstanding Baker.
- Geoffrey Zakarian has 30 years’ experience as a chef restaurateur but is best known for being on Food Network’s “Iron Chef” as well as appearing on several of the network’s shows including host of “Cooks Vs. Cons,” a judge on “Chopped” and co-host of “The Kitchen.”
- Billy Parisi is a chef, television personality, blogger and frequent contributor to IHA’s Inspired Home consumer-focused website.
- Manuela Kjeilen is author of seven Norwegian baking books, has five books published/translated in German and Swedish and her English book, Love Manuela is a bestseller. A passionate baker, she is a frequent contributor to The Inspired Home.
Making Their Debut in the Cooking Theater
- Alex Guarnaschelli is a recurring judge on Food Network’s “Chopped” and was featured on her own shows, “The Cooking Loft” and “Alex’s Day Off.” She appeared on Food Network’s “Iron Chef America” as both a challenger and a judge and competed on season 4 of “The Next Iron Chef.” In 2012, she bested nine rival chefs to win “The Next Iron Chef: Redemption.”
- Christopher Kimball, former publisher and editor of Cook’s Magazine, Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country, is now the founder of Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street, a food media company that produces Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street Magazine and Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street Radio, a weekly public radio show and podcast heard on over 300 stations nationwide. Through 2016, Kimball was host and executive product of “America’s Test Kitchen” and “Cook’s Country,” two of the highest rated shows on television.
- Judson Todd Allen is the CEO and executive chef of Healthy Infused Cuisine, LLC, a premier cuisine company with clients such as national radio and TV talk show host Steve Harvey and Walgreens.
- Lanie Bayless was raised in her father’s restaurants, Frontera Grill and Topolobampo, and brings a lifetime of hospitality experience to the family business. She serves as Spirits Director for Frontera Grill and Frontera Hospitality, helping to bring a fun and youthful energy to the bar programs.
- Alia Dalal, a health and wellness chef and TV host who teaches Clean Eating cooking classes at The Chopping Block cooking school in Chicago. She has served as a guest host for the WGN dining show, “Chicago’s Best,” and hosts an online cooking show, “Fare with Flair,” that airs in doctors’ offices around the country.
- Addie Gundry won Food Network’s “Cutthroat Kitchen” in 2015 and last year competed on “The Food Network Star!” She has written eight cookbooks and has worked for chefs including Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller and Martha Stewart.
- Sandra Holl is chef/owner of Floriole Café & Bakery in Chicago, which has been recognized as one of the top 10 bakeries in the country. She was named Pastry Chef of the Year at the 2016 Jean Banchet Awards.
- Ludo Lefebvre is one of Los Angeles’ most influential chefs and a global culinary authority. He was nominated for two James Beard Awards in 2017 for “Best Chef: West” and for his work on PBS’ Emmy-winning show, “Mind of a Chef.”
- Andreas Willhoff has worked in the specialty coffee industry for eight years. In that time, he has been a barista, a trainer, a brewer’s cup competitor and a wholesale director. Most recently he consulted on a book about manually brewing coffee at home called “Craft Coffee: A Manual” (Agate Surrey 2017).
To view the most up-to-date participating chefs along with the scheduled dates and times, visit https://www.housewares.org/show/cooking-theater or download the Show’s mobile app at m.housewares.org
The 2018 International Home + Housewares Show will feature more than 2,200 exhibitors and attract 60,000 total attendees, including buyers from more than 125 countries. The Show opens at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 10 and closes at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13. To register for a Show badge or for more information, please visit https://www.housewares.org/show/register-plan.
-30-The International Housewares Association is the 80-year-old voice of the housewares industry, which accounted for (US)$355.4 billion at retail worldwide in 2016 ($87.1 billion at retail in the U.S.). The not-for-profit, full-service association sponsors the world's premier exposition of products for the home, the International Home + Housewares Show, and offers its 1,700 member companies a wide range of services, including industry and government advocacy, export assistance, State-of-the-Industry reports, point-of-sale and consumer panel data through Housewares MarketWatch, executive management peer groups, a unique Web-based community at www.housewares.org and group buying discounts on business solutions services.