press release -
International Housewares Association
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Deborah A.Teschke
Senior Manager, Public Relations & Communications
Email Debbie Teschke
New Products Highlight Key Housewares Trends
A renewed interest in eating healthier has consumers searching for smart home products that save time and make household chores easier. Many consumers are now viewing their home as the center of attention and are interested in products to help them entertain with family and friends. Here are some of the products representing these trends that will be on display at the 2018 International Home + Housewares Show, March 10-13 in Chicago.
- Farberware Rice-n-Slice Vegetable Ricer by Lifetime Brands Inc. can be used to make cauliflower rice or to rice other vegetables quickly. It works by slipping the blade over the center of the bowl, attaching the pump mechanism and pumping until vegetables are crumbled to the desired size.
- Zyliss Twist & Scoop Grapefruit Tool from DKB Household USA Corp. quickly and easily segments clean cuts of grapefruit. It features an in-built corer and double-sided stainless-steel blade to cleanly spoon out grapefruit segments.
- Kilner Kombucha Set by Typhoon Homewares is designed to create and store culture-rich kombucha, a fermented sweetened tea packed with vitamins, antioxidants and probiotics. The drink dispenser features a tap for dispensing and is also designed for continuous brewing.
- The GreenPan Venice PRO 10-piece set from The Cookware Company is a collection of ceramic non-stick cookware. The multilayer stainless-steel collection is suitable for all cooking surfaces including induction.
- Core and peel apples with Progressive International’s Prep Solutions Core & Peel Apple Tool. The traditional corer extracts cores from apples and pears while the integrated peeler mechanism slides out to eject the core from the cylinder. The peeler locks to safely and effectively peel apples and more.
- The reusable Seal N’ Store from Tovolo allows consumers to save produce without the need for plastic wrap or sandwich bags. The user places the fruit or vegetable cut-side down on the tray, stretches the cover’s silicone web over the top and snaps the cover down into the tray, creating an airtight seal to extend the freshness of the produce.
- The Tribest Personal Blender with Vacuum Container features heavy-duty tempered glass containers, stainless steel blending assembly and silicone liners to provide a plastic-free environment. The optional vacuum container allows the user to reduce oxidation by removing the air before blending.
- The Turbo Pot 5-qt. Turbo Pressure Cooker by Eneron is a stainless-steel pressure cooker for gas stovetops that combines the efficient heat absorption of patented “heat sink” technology and the power of high pressure to cook twice as fast as conventional cookware. It saves energy and reduces cooking-related emissions.
- Double Insight is introducing the Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, which features an advanced microprocessor technology. It can be used to replace nine commonly used appliances: a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice/porridge cooker, yogurt maker, cake/egg maker, sautÃ©/searing pan, steamer, warmer and sterilizer.
- BUILT NY, a Lifetime Brands Inc. company, is introducing two new PerfectSeal water bottles crafted from double-wall stainless steel with a vacuum-insulated construction that maintains the temperature of cold beverages up to 24 hours and hot beverages up to 8 hours. Both bottles, Apex and Caliber, feature the PerfectSeal Technology that locks the cap in place with a click to prevent spills.
- Zojirushi America Corp. celebrates its 100th anniversary this year and is introducing new stainless mugs for hot or cold beverages. All are made of 18/8 stainless steel and have a 5-year warranty on heat retention.
- The Hamilton Beach Professional Digital Countertop Oven features seven settings including convection, bake, broil, keep warm, reheat, total and bagel. It is equipped with digital controls and an LCD display. The integrated temperature probe can be used when roasting meats and poultry to cook to an exact temperature.
- GoodCook Meals on the Run by Bradshaw International, Inc. is an assortment of lunch containers that feature tight locking clips and silicone seals to keep the freshness inside. They also have stacking and nesting capability to save space when storing.
- For consumers using hydration bottles, Butler Home Products, LLC is introducing its Dawn Hydration Bottle Cleaning Kit. It includes a bottle brush with a long neck and tapered bristles to clean all shapes and sizes as well as a straw cleaning brush that has a flexible wire for easy cleaning.
- The Farberware Neat Nest cookware by Meyer Corporation features dual-riveted handles that lock nested pans together as well as designed lids that nest within saucepans and saucepots for space saving storage.
- The Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill is making grilling easier with the debut of the first indoor electric sausage grill designed exclusively for Johnsonville fresh sausages.
- Flex-O Sweeper by Casabella Holdings LLC can conform to any shape or surface, so it can be used for floors, stairs, moldings and more. The pivoting head makes it easy to use vertically for walls and windows. The machine-washable and reusable microfiber cloths can be used wet or dry.
- The Crane Evaporative Humidifier can turn into an air purifier for year-round air treatment with the company’s new air purifier kit accessory.
- The SensoRed Fry Pan by Fissler America, Inc. utilizes a thermos-sensitive nonstick coating to let the user know when the right frying temperature has been reached. When heated to the optimal frying temperature, the pan’s entire surface changes colors from a speckled nonstick to a solid red.
- Kalorik XL Digital Airfryer allows consumers to fry, grill, bake or roast with little or no oil. It quickly and evenly cooks food by circulating hot air around the food. It includes a basket divider to allow for air frying two types of food simultaneously.
- An all-natural BBQ cleaning tool and wood grill scraper, the Great Scrape is an alternative to a metal wire brush. It custom grooves to uniquely fit the barbecue grill without worry about metal bristles or harming the grill grates.
- The Jennifer Traveler 16-oz mug from PMI features a locking, leakproof lid and vacuum insulation that keeps drinks hot for 4 hours and iced for 30 hours.
- PMI’s Stanley GO Vacuum Growler 64-oz is a double-wall vacuum insulated growler that keeps beer cold for 24 hours. It is leakproof and dishwasher safe.
- Studio Cuisine from Robinson Home Products Inc. is a line of wood grain design on silicone and nylon head kitchen tools and gadgets that are dishwasher safe.
- Van Berkel USA’s Flywheel P15 slicer is a reproduction of the company’s iconic model from the 1940s. The slicer features a built-in sharpener to ensure the perfect cut and the precision of the thickness adjustment unit allows the user to obtain super thin slices.
- PackIt, LLC is introducing its freezable Lifestyle Lunch Backpack that can store salads and other fresh foods in the main zippered cooling compartment. The cooling power is built-in and eliminates the need for bulky ice packs that waste space.
- Karcher North America’s KB5 Floor Sweeper delivers cordless convenience in a lightweight, easy-to-use design delivering up to 30 minutes of runtime.
- The Clorox Links Sort’n Fold laundry system from Volume Brands Int’l provides an easy solution for dividing and organizing laundry. The Sort’n Fold divider slides through the side slots and hangs in place diving the laundry basket in two sections.
- The Negg by Airigan Solutions LLC is a kitchen tool designed to provide a clean and easy solution to peeling hard-boiled eggs.
- DermaWand by ICTV Brands Inc. reduces fine lines and wrinkles and improves skin tone and texture while tightening your skin with radio frequency.
- The Honeywell Outdoor Patio Evaporative Cooler, from JMATEK North America LLC, uses an air blower system that expels air at higher speeds and a further distance than fan-based coolers creating a refreshing breeze without blustery winds.
- Juka Innovations’ TubShroom and SinkShroom fit inside the bathtub and sink drains to catch hair without harsh chemicals.
- The TasteTro Spice System is an appliance that stores and creates spice blends at the touch of button. It features 50 pre-programmed spice blends and has Bluetooth connectivity and RFID technology for continual expansion of spices and new blends, allowing consumers to prepare delicious, healthy meals. It also comes with a database of recipes for easy-to-prepare snacks and meals.
- Chefman’s Conveyor Toaster features a new conveyor technology with a targeted, infrared heating that cooks quickly and allows the user to continuously add more foods as one moves to the other side. It has folding doors for easy storage and is energy efficient.
- The Vacuvita One Touch Vacuum Storage System is a complete storage solution that adds significant shelf-life to food, up to five times longer, by creating an air-tight vacuum when closed. The system can be connected to an app that can be used to set reminders advising when a food will expire.
ENTERTAINING AT HOME
- Bibo Barmaid is a self-serve cocktail machine that allows users to create single-serve mixed drinks with the touch of a button. The three-part system includes the countertop appliance, a cocktail mixer pouch and an alcohol pouch. A shot glass and shaker are also included.
- For coffee craft brewing, the Bialetti Glass Pour-over features a reusable double-mesh filter that allows the natural oils from the coffee grounds to pass through creating a more robust cup of coffee. The pour over provides controlled brewing and enhances the coffee’s aroma.
- For a personalized cup of coffee, the Brumi, Pour Over Hot + Hold Brew Coffee Bottle from Full Circle is a travel coffee brewer. It features a double filter that brews a cleaner, more balanced cup and extracts more flavor. The double-walled glass keeps coffee hot.
- The Dash Rapid Cold Brew System lets users make cold brew coffee in just five minutes compared to 12 to 24 hours. The product, made with Tritan from Eastman Chemical, features a carafe that resists stains, odors and tastes.
- Asobu Cold Brew by Ad N Art is designed for the ultimate cold brewing experience. It enables the user to enjoy rich flavor with less acidity and more preserved antioxidants.
- Consumers can share a favorite beverage with friends with the Manna Stack Growler in Onyx from Core Home. The durable, large-capacity double-wall insulated, stainless steel design features a rugged handle for transporting and a wide mouth for easy filling. It includes four detachable and reusable cups and it keeps liquids cold for 36 hours and hot for 18 hours.
- For outdoor entertaining, consumers can use DynaTrap Insect & Mosquito Trap by Dynamic Solutions Worldwide LLC. It can provide up to a ½ acre of coverage and features durable all-weather construction. It produces CO2 which is irresistible to mosquitoes and a UV-emitting fluorescent bulb that attracts flying insects. It is pesticide and odor-free.
- Melitta’s Signature Series Pour-Over Coffeemakers has two viewing holes for easy visibility into the mug and full-height ridges in the cone for optimal flavor extraction.
- Lattissima One by Nespresso enables the consumer to indulge in cappuccinos and latte macchiatos at home. The machine allows the user to prepare espresso and milk recipes at the touch of a button. It is equipped with an innovative milk system that delivers the exact quantity of milk and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Snowie LLC’s Little Snowie 2 offers a convenient, fast and safe way to make shaved ice. The product features a lid that doubles as the switch to run the ice shaver, making it safe to use. It allows the user to get shaved ice by using cubes right from the freezer.
- Edgewood Frames’ Vista Frame Company is a sustainable, eco-conscious brand that creates picture frames made from recycled polystyrene [EPS] foam. The company turns trash into treasures and names its assortment after rain forests, such as the Dominica or Kayan Picture Frames.
- The Spire from Essick Air Products is an ultrasonic humidifier that features sleek lines and walnut wood grain. It offers both cool and warm mist humidification, an essential oil diffuser, nightlight and remote control. It features a nearly silent operation to create a healthy, indoor air environment.
- Fresh Wave by OMI Industries is now infusing ultra-calming lavender oil to its odor removing gel and odor removing spray. The products are safe and natural and only use natural plant oils, not fragrances.
- Consumers can get organized in style with Honey-Can-Do International’s Coastal Collection. The convenient nesting baskets and a hamper are two of the items in the line that features a chevron-inspired design and patterned canvas.
- Kleen-Tex USA’s Studio 67 designer mats and rugs combine style with durability. The skid-resistant mats and rugs feature a nylon surface bonded to a rubber backing and vibrant colors that are fade-resistant. The mats and rugs are machine-washable.
- Thinkspace Brands is unveiling the Macbeth Collection, cosmetic organizer that keeps beauty items organized and accessible in this unit designed to tuck into a corner of the bathroom or makeup table.
To find more new products debuting at the 2018 International Home + Housewares Show, visit the Show’s online search tool, Housewares Connect 365 at www.housewares.org/housewaresconnect365. Or download the Show app at m.housewares.org
The International Housewares Association is the 80-year-old voice of the housewares industry, which accounted for (US)$355.4 billion at retail worldwide in 2016 ($87.1 billion at retail in the U.S.). The not-for-profit, full-service association sponsors the world's premier exposition of products for the home, the International Home + Housewares Show, and offers its 1,700 member companies a wide range of services, including industry and government advocacy, export assistance, State-of-the-Industry reports, point-of-sale and consumer panel data through Housewares MarketWatch, executive management peer groups, a unique Web-based community at www.housewares.org and group buying discounts on business solutions services.