Privacy and Legal
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- Consent to Terms and Conditions
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of
Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any
applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or
accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and
- Use License
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or
software) on the International Housewares Association (“IHA”) website for personal, non-
commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and
under this license you may not:
i. modify or copy the materials;
ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on IHA's website;
iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
v. transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may
be terminated by IHA at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon
the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession
whether in electronic or printed format.
- Trademark / Service Mark
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively the “Marks”), including but not limited
to International Housewares Association, International Home + Housewares Show, and IHA are
proprietary to IHA or other respective owners that have granted IHA the right and license to use such
Marks. To the extent that such Marks are owned by IHA, such Marks may not be used in connection
with any product or service that is not our product or service, in any manner that is likely to cause
confusion among our customers or users of this website, or in any other manner in violation of the
trademark and service mark laws, without the express written consent of IHA. You also many not
use any Marks owned by a party other than IHA without the express written consent of such other
owner or IHA if IHA has been given the authority to grant you permission.
The materials on IHA's website are provided "as is." IHA makes no warranties, expressed or
implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied
warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement
of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, IHA does not warrant or make any
representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its
Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall IHA or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages
for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use
the materials on IHA's Internet site, even if IHA or a IHA authorized representative has been notified
orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow
limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages,
these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on IHA's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic
errors. IHA does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or
current. IHA may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice.
IHA does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
IHA has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the
contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by IHA of the
site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Governing Law
Any claim relating to IHA's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard
to its conflict of law provisions.
- Email Harvesting
IHA does not authorize “email harvesting” of any kind through this website – in compliance with
provisions in CAN-SPAM, Sec. 4.(b)(2)(A)(i)(I). Visitors are not permitted to capture email addresses
posted on this site using any methods, to use for personal databases, mailing lists, mass email
distribution, marketing efforts and the like.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to
understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which
information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those
purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the
individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the
knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent
necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft,
as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices
relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure
that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which
Contest Official Rules and Regulations
Contest Entry and Eligibility
- By entering the Contest, entrants:
- Agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations; and,
- Agree that Illinois courts have jurisdiction over any disputer or litigation arising from or relating to Sweepstakes and that the venue shall only be Chicago, Illinois.
- International Housewares Association (“IHA”) and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic.
- IHA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Contest should any malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the participant ineligible and IHA reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by tampering with Contest procedures, using automated entry devices or programs, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, IHA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Void where prohibited by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws of the United States. By participating via Twitter, Facebook or other social media tools, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of IHA and waive any and all rights to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules.
- All prize details are at IHA’s discretion.
- Prizes are limited to one per person.
- Contest submissions are welcome from all legal U.S. residents only.
- The Contest will run for a specified period of time as stated in the marketing material announcing the Contest.
- All prizes will be awarded within sixty (60) days of the Contest end-date.
- The contest is open to all people of age 18 or greater, unless other restrictions apply.
- IHA will not verify receipt of entry.
- Automated entries and use of automated devices or programs to submit entries are grounds for disqualification.
- IHA employees and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- The Contest Winner must be a resident of the United States.
- No purchase necessary.
Restrictions on Winning
- The Contest Winner must accept their prize within thirty (30) days of notification via email or an alternate Winner will be selected.
- A Winner is defined as the Contest participant that accepts the prize within thirty (30) days of notification and whose eligibility has been verified.
Limits of Liability
- Neither IHA, nor its officers, directors, agents, or affiliated entities are responsible for:
- Any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury or damage to persons property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the use or misuse of any prize items provided; or
- Any liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Contest for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing the prize. All such losses and expenses must be borne by the affected participant and/or Winner.
To enter into the Hotel Reservation - Restaurant Partner Gift Card Giveaway", click here.