Privacy and Legal
Antitrust Policy And Guidelines
The International Housewares Association (â€œIHAâ€) is a not for profit organization formed to promote, expand and foster the manufacturing, marketing and sale of housewares goods and products. The policy of IHA is to comply fully with all laws applicable to its programs and activities, including antitrust and competition laws that apply to IHA and its members. IHA recognizes that these laws are intended to foster and protect competition, and as an association that includes members who may compete with each other, IHA is particularly sensitive to antitrust restrictions and regulations.
Antitrust and competition laws generally prohibit any contract, combination, or conspiracy that restrains trade, and conduct to monopolize markets.
The statutory penalties for violation of the antitrust laws are significant. Substantial fines may be imposed on an individual or company. In addition a company or individual injured by an antitrust violation can sue to recover threefold the damages which have been incurred. Even where a violation may not occur, the cost and burden of an investigation or enforcement action may be significant.
It is therefore important for IHA, its officers, directors, staff, members, and other participants in IHA programs and meetings to be vigilant in avoiding activities which could be give rise to potential risk of violating the antitrust laws.
Two concepts deserve special attention: "agreements" and activities that are "per se" illegal.
Neither a written contract nor a handshake is necessary for an illegal agreement. Tacit understandings, including responding to pressure, exerting pressure, or doing "what is expected," can be sufficient, and an implied agreement may be inferred from actions or the result of those actions.
Some activities are considered so inherently anticompetitive that they are per se illegal; that is, there is no legal defense, justification or excuse for the activity, and proof of an actual harm to competition is not required for the conduct to be illegal.
The following activities are among those that have been held to be per se illegal under the antitrust laws and must be avoided:
- Agreements to fix prices or bids, regardless of whether prices are increased, decreased, stabilized or set according to an agreed formula or subject to uniform discounts or allowances;
- Agreements to restrict volume or production;
- Agreements to divide or allocate markets, territories or customers;
- Agreements not to deal with a particular customer, supplier, or group of customers or suppliers.
IHA members and other participants in IHA programs and meetings must refrain from any discussion about competitively sensitive topics, or actions that could be interpreted as an agreement to take common action on prices, production, or allocation of customers or markets.
This obligation applies during formal IHA programs and meetings, social activities hosted and organized by IHA, and informal gatherings that may occur before or after IHA programs and meetings.
Competitively sensitive topics include wholesale and retail prices, bids, and other terms of sale; particular customers, customer or market allocations, and refusals to deal; vendors and vendor pricing, output levels, production schedules, costs, cost structure, and profit margins. These prohibitions apply equally to recent historical information, current business practices, and future intentions.
IHA members and other participants in IHA programs and meetings must promptly report to IHA staff during the meeting if they observe or inadvertently take part in any communications or conduct prohibited by the Policy.
Pursuant to its effort to comply with federal and antitrust laws, IHA adheres strictly to the following guidelines:
- IHA Board of Directors meetings are regularly scheduled and address only appropriate IHA business described in a written agenda.
- Agendas are prepared, reviewed by counsel, and circulated to Board members in advance of the meetings.
- Counsel attends all Board of Directors meetings and participates in the preparation of minutes.
- Minutes of all Board Meetings are reviewed and approved at the following meeting of the Board.
IHA staff will use similar procedures for IHA member programs and meetings, and where appropriate will provide participants a written or oral summary of the Policy and Guidelines.
IHA programs or activities with possible antitrust implications will be reviewed in advance with legal counsel.
IHA staff will monitor proceedings at IHA programs and meetings, and will take prompt action to assure that proceedings comply with these requirements and do not entail inappropriate discussion about competitively sensitive topics.
IHA staff and legal counsel monitor other sensitive areas of IHA activity on a continuing basis. For example, qualifications for membership have been tailored to the functions and purposes of IHA. They are not arbitrary, and a formal procedure has been adopted for handling membership applications.
IHA staff will promptly inform the IHA President/CEO of any questions or concerns that arise about whether conduct in connection with IHA programs and activities complies with the Policy and Guidelines, and as warranted will work together to take prompt corrective action in consultation with legal counsel.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- Consent to Terms and Conditions
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of
Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any
applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or
accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and
- Use License
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or
software) on the International Housewares Association (“IHA”) website for personal, non-
commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and
under this license you may not:
i. modify or copy the materials;
ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on IHA's website;
iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
v. transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may
be terminated by IHA at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon
the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession
whether in electronic or printed format.
- Trademark / Service Mark
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively the “Marks”), including but not limited
to International Housewares Association, International Home + Housewares Show, and IHA are
proprietary to IHA or other respective owners that have granted IHA the right and license to use such
Marks. To the extent that such Marks are owned by IHA, such Marks may not be used in connection
with any product or service that is not our product or service, in any manner that is likely to cause
confusion among our customers or users of this website, or in any other manner in violation of the
trademark and service mark laws, without the express written consent of IHA. You also many not
use any Marks owned by a party other than IHA without the express written consent of such other
owner or IHA if IHA has been given the authority to grant you permission.
The materials on IHA's website are provided "as is." IHA makes no warranties, expressed or
implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied
warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement
of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, IHA does not warrant or make any
representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its
Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall IHA or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages
for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use
the materials on IHA's Internet site, even if IHA or a IHA authorized representative has been notified
orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow
limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages,
these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on IHA's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic
errors. IHA does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or
current. IHA may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice.
IHA does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
IHA has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the
contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by IHA of the
site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Governing Law
Any claim relating to IHA's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard
to its conflict of law provisions.
- Email Harvesting
IHA does not authorize “email harvesting” of any kind through this website – in compliance with
provisions in CAN-SPAM, Sec. 4.(b)(2)(A)(i)(I). Visitors are not permitted to capture email addresses
posted on this site using any methods, to use for personal databases, mailing lists, mass email
distribution, marketing efforts and the like.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to
understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which
information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those
purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the
individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the
knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent
necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft,
as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices
relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure
that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
IHA respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users and visitors to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable law, IHA has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at IHA's sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. IHA may also at its sole discretion limit access to the IHA website and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. If you believe that an account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer, please provide information sufficient for us to verify that the account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer when filing your notice.
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the IHA website's designated agent (see below). ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO OR NOT COMPLYING WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE. IHA will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, IHA will act to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing or found to be the subject of infringing activity and will act to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is found to be infringing.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide IHA the following information (to be effective, the notification must include ALL of the following):
1. a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
2. a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the IHA website;
4. your address, telephone number, and email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit IHA to contact you;
5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of claimed copyright infringement should be directed to IHA's designated agent:
International Housewares Association
6400 Schafer Ct., Suite 650
Rosemont, Illinois 60618
Attn: DMCA Agent
THE PRECEDING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING IHA THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, SUCH AS PRODUCT OR SERVICE RELATED QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS, OR QUESTIONS ON PRIVACY, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
Contest Official Rules and Regulations
Contest Entry and Eligibility
- By entering the Contest, entrants:
Agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations; and,
Agree that Illinois courts have jurisdiction over any disputer or litigation arising from or relating to Sweepstakes and that the venue shall only be Chicago, Illinois.
- International Housewares Association (“IHA”) and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic.
- IHA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Contest should any malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the participant ineligible and IHA reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by tampering with Contest procedures, using automated entry devices or programs, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, IHA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Void where prohibited by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws of the United States. By participating via Twitter, Facebook or other social media tools, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of IHA and waive any and all rights to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules.
- All prize details are at IHA’s discretion.
- Prizes are limited to one per person.
- Contest submissions are welcome from all legal U.S. residents only.
- The Contest will run for a specified period of time as stated in the marketing material announcing the Contest.
- All prizes will be awarded within sixty (60) days of the Contest end-date.
- The contest is open to all people of age 18 or greater, unless other restrictions apply.
- IHA will not verify receipt of entry.
- Automated entries and use of automated devices or programs to submit entries are grounds for disqualification.
- IHA employees and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- The Contest Winner must a resident of the United States.
- No purchase necessary.
Restrictions on Winning
- The Contest Winner must accept their prize within thirty (30) days of notification via email or an alternate Winner will be selected.
- A Winner is defined as the Contest participant that accepts the prize within thirty (30) days of notification and whose eligibility has been verified.
Limits of Liability
- Neither IHA, nor its officers, directors, agents, or affiliated entities are responsible for:
- Any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury or damage to persons property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the use or misuse of any prize items provided; or
- Any liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Contest for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing the prize. All such losses and expenses must be borne by the affected participant and/or Winner.