IHA Government Affairs Committee Wants You!
IHA is recruiting voices to be heard in Washington DC.
We are looking for new members to join the Government Affairs Committee and States we especially need representation from are: CA, FL, MI, MO, OH, TX, VA.
Your commitment as a committee member would be rewarding but not time-consuming. All we ask is that you:
- Attend a two-day annual meeting (June time-frame) in Washington, D.C. where you hear from industry experts, network with colleagues about similar concerns and meet with your elected officials on Capitol Hill. Travel expenses are reimbursed by IHA.
- Provide IHA with input on issues that are critical to your business and provide grassroots support.
IHA’s top legislative priorities have included:
- Implementing Healthcare Reform
- Commercial Bankruptcy Reform
- CPSC and Reforming the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)
- Issues as identified by IHA Committee Members
Committee members build relationships with their elected representatives in Congress and often serve as “industry experts” when an issue of importance to the industry is being considered by Congress.
If you are interested in learning more about how to join…attending the upcoming meeting in
June…and working with your IHA colleagues to advocate on behalf of the industry:
Email Us and Ask For More Information >
International Housewares Association
IHA’s Washington Representative